Dear SRVRTC Students and Families,
The Claremont School Board approved the following changes effective 2/21/22:
- Masks will be optional for students, staff members and visitors to our school. **Exceptions to this are listed in the section below regarding what has not changed.
- There are no restrictions for outdoor or indoor activities to occur in our school.
- There are no additional restrictions regarding visitors to our school. Normal security protocols remain in effect as they were prior to Covid (visitors must sign in at the office, etc.).
What has not changed:
- Masks are still required by all passengers and drivers on school buses. This is a federal mandate as school buses fall under the category of public transportation.
- Students and staff who test positive for Covid must still remain out of school for 5 days and wear a well fitting mask for days 6-10.
- Students and staff who are not fully vaccinated and are exposed to a household contact who tests positive for Covid must quarantine for 5 days, return to school on day 6 if symptom free and have a negative test, and must mask on days 6-10. If no test is done then individuals would be out for 10 days.
- Students and staff who exhibit symptoms of Covid 19 need to stay home and either test negative or remain home for 5 days.
We recognize that for some families this will be welcome news and for others cause for concern. The decision to have your child wear a mask at school was decided to be a family decision.
Thank you and feel free to contact us with any questions.
Dr Alex Herzog, Director
Sugar River Valley Regional Technical Center - Claremont NH